Taylorsville, N.C. and Bench Boards for Guns

OFFICIAL information from those who run the shoots. Member shooting houses and promoters - advertise your events here!

Moderator: Bouncers

Forum rules
MEMBER Shooting Houses ONLY may post freely here about their events. Shooters may REPLY with questions or comments only about the posted events. If you are a member house and don't have access to post here (can't see a "new post" button) please let us know.
pa pa john
Obsessive-Compulsive Poster
Weapon of Choice: mod12
State: N.C.

Taylorsville, N.C. and Bench Boards for Guns

Post by pa pa john » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:11 pm

INGLE'S INDOOR SHOOT, at Taylorsville, N.C. :D Taylorsville had a meeting late night and we talked about the NEW BENCH TOP and how level it is and Taylorsville does not thank that anyone needs anytype of a BENCH BOARD for their GUNS anymore :!: So from this day 8-24-2013 forward, Taylorsville will not let anyone use anytype of a BENCH BOARD for their guns anymore :!: :!:
MAY WE HAVE A BLESSED DAY

ledhead
Deadeye
Weapon of Choice: Savage 210
State: NC

Re: Taylorsville, N.C. and Bench Boards for Guns

Post by ledhead » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Well that puts the ' VISE' talk to a rest now! I said if Papa John was for it then i be for it. He not fer it so there you have it !! Good work to Ingles in settlin this matter!!

hrod
Weapon of Choice: Sig Sauer P238
State: Va.

Post by hrod » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:28 am

This is a great place to put your rules out there. There is a shooting house section where the houses advertise any rules times distance shells . I wish every one of them listed would give more info. Some are way too general with ? Marks beside important things.
Its SHOWTIME!

pa pa john

Post by pa pa john » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks Guys, Now I do not own or run the Taylorsville Shoot, But I was one of the five that was in the meeting and I did agree that no body needs any type of a bench board any more with the new bench top that Taylorsville has now :D :D This was not made toward anyone person :!: It was made because there have been some that have to be told to get their board out of the way of other shooters, not all but some :!: But I do agree that we don't need things like that anymore :D :D :D

pa pa john

Post by pa pa john » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:38 pm

I thank most of you shooters already know this that Davis Jessup or Jessup's Indoor Shoot in Mt. Airy, N.C. and Dickie Green at Snake Road in Ohio has not allowed any type of bench boards at their places for three years or longer :!: I thank I am wright and I just wanted to let you all know this :) :)

earlebird
Sharp Shooter
Weapon of Choice: savage 210
State: md

Post by earlebird » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Sounds like every one will have to learn how to shoot with human error lol :50cal: :lol:

DMAXX
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: YOST
State: pa

Post by DMAXX » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:23 am

Ive never shot a board of any kind but I do shoot off of a thin black rubber mat. Its obvious to anyone that this issue has some to do with Daves rail. What I cant figure out is why we cant directly address one issue without affecting others who have never caused a problem with their setup. Just saying.
The people that cast their votes decide nothing. The people that count the votes decide everything...Joseph Stalin

MWM12
Championship Shooter
Weapon of Choice: Grenade
State: VA

Post by MWM12 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:34 am

Mike

Denny
GMB
GMB
Weapon of Choice: Ithaca Pro Mod
State: Oh

Post by Denny » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:39 am

Denny
Exclusive Dealer For Ithaca Pro Stock Target Guns

pa pa john

Post by pa pa john » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 am

I would to say to everyone that the meeting that was had at Taylorsville on Friday Night 8-23-2013 did not and I will say did not one time have Dave Tubbs name or his gun or metal board and slid in the meeting :!: The meeting was only the problems that have been at Taylorsville in the past and with the old bench top and we were talking about the new bench top and that shooters didn't need a wood, plastic or metal board of any type to level up on any more, and I am very happy happy with the new bench top :D :D :D

PS > Thanks Denny for the pic., I have not seen it befor and that thing look's great and now I sort of understand what some are talking about :?

Wilson
Championship Shooter
Weapon of Choice: savage 210
State: Ky

Post by Wilson » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:37 am

What about a small board under the front legs. Sometime you have to shoot on the top rack and get the gun hi enuff.
WILSON BROTHER'S - 8595 Barren River Rd, Bowling Green, KY 42101

jeff lee
SILVER MEMBER
SILVER MEMBER
Weapon of Choice: railgun
State: IN

Post by jeff lee » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Wilson wrote:What about a small board under the front legs. Sometime you have to shoot on the top rack and get the gun hi enuff.
small boards were big boards at one time lol but IMO NO BOARDS IS NO BOARDS........

casey
Consistent Shooter
State: OH

Post by casey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 pm

If it does not interfere with other shooters,if it does not damage the bench,if it is safe then allow it. You still have to aim the gun . You can not put a gun in a vise or you will break parts.

Denny
GMB
GMB

Post by Denny » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:01 pm

It's all about Standardized rules across the board (pun intended) ,, Make it fair for everyone, You have 2 minutes to put your *$#% on the bench, and be ready to shoot,, 1 minute to shoot each shot,, and 2 minutes to get your *$#% off the bench,,, and everyone had better take their *$#% OFF the bench, We do this in rifle competitions every weekend,, it's no big deal. Penalizing anybody's ideas is not fair when it's a little different from the next guy. I say, if you can put it on the bench, in the 2 minute allotted time un-assisted (unless handicapped ) and it will shoot the shell you're handed and your barrel is no more than 36",,,then by golly you're at a true OUTLAW MATCH.
Attention Shooting houses, if you advertise OUTLAW matches, then shoot OUTLAW,, if you want whiny ass wannabe's ,,Please come up with another class, but don't claim to be OUTLAW.
OK Bruce,, I said it,,, quit callin me.
Denny

hrod

Post by hrod » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:20 pm

I must say I do like this time limit thing Denny it shouldn't take 2 to 3 hours to shoot a round some people shoot their 1st shot then go back in and let their gun cool down come back and clean the barrel like they are putting it up in storage for a year. I agree with the time limit deal. Shoot your shot run your brush through your gun if that's your routine . Brush again after if you need to and get out of the way.
Its SHOWTIME!

Denny
GMB
GMB

Post by Denny » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:59 pm

This format would actually speed up ALL the big events.
I have shot in a lot of big rifle matches, and you know when you get there,,what times you have to work within,,, if you don't complete your coarse of fire within the designated time,, Guess what,,,, to damn bad,, don't cry. And if you bitch, don't let the door hit you in the ass,,and this goes for simple Fred and world class shooters the same,, no exceptions.
I keep preaching,, don't try to limit the equipment,, put rules of procedure in place. This is what led to the banning of boards in the first place, the time it took , the room it took up. I've been to matches and most of you have also,, there's always one guy with 20 sandbags piled in his own special way,, and you don't dare ask him to move them,,,, MAKE everyone remove their setup after every shooting stage .
I know some will say,, there's too many on the line at once,, POST which numbers shoot first, second , third,, It's called organization,,try it,, it works. Time constraints work very well also.
Denny

MWM12
Championship Shooter
Weapon of Choice: Grenade
State: VA

Post by MWM12 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Just can't bite my tongue......
unbelievable......a barrel in a portable gun vise. :scare: And let's not dance around it (my corns hurt) ....if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a damn duck.....( gun vise.) Whats next.... someone gonna come in with a remote control trigger. Or better yet, lets all fire up our old cox engine toy planes and do drone strikes from 100 yards......then we'd be cookin with peanut oil.
What happened to the sport? Shouldering the butt, holding steady with a single rest, squeezing the trigger? Can't anyone shoot a gun anymore? If your scared....say your scared.
Scopes, bi-pod.....that's one thing. but 40+ pounds of metal with rubber feet???? Geesh, my 8 year old could shoot that thing all day and twice on Sunday. Thats 97.5% equipment.... little or nothing of the shooter.
If you want to have a gun worked on, try a little something different here and there, great! A gun that free stands and all "ANYONE" has to do is squeeze the trigger (including great grandma with or without her false teeth) for the lack of a better word, is chicken-*$#%.
2 min + 1 min + 2 min to fire a shot ????? :jaw: :curse: Gal-dang, *$#% or get off the pot! Lets just say it best we not be at the same shoot (by-gad) One shot is about all that person would get......the boys would burn the place down before they'd wait another 5 minutes.....I qarron darn told ya that right there ain't happenin !.
No wonder shooting houses all across the country have disappeared through the years.
Your foolin yourselves boys.... You've ruined what turkey shoots are all about. The olympics get away with that quirky *$#%.... but mark my words, turkey shoots will be a thing of the past in 10-15 years if that's what people show up with.
Reminds me of someone deer hunting with a AK47 and emptying a full clip in a 40lbs bambi......and then saying "oh, look what I did" :roll:
Mike

Denny
GMB
GMB

Post by Denny » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Evidently, you've never been to a big shoot, or a true outlaw shoot
And , your ducks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't have a clue what you're looking at either,,, there is absolutly no clamping of any kind on that gun, it just sets there as any other.
Denny

smokeymtn
Shoot'n Guru
Weapon of Choice: THE WINNER
State: NC

Post by smokeymtn » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Does that thing absorb the recoil or is that just the way to insert the gun? It looks like movement can go back and forth only.

Denny
GMB
GMB

Post by Denny » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:08 pm

The devise you're refering to, is a leveling/tracking devise,, it does nothing, as in aiming, recoil reduction, or shoot itself, This gun and setup is considered a true OUTLAW,, if you can't play with the big dogs,, stay on the porch and whine. I don't need anybodys opinion on what it is, or where it should be legal. I know what it is, and it will go to where others like it are,,,,,, TRUE OUTLAW MATCHES,,, so don't worry about it showing up at your $3 matches.
The conversation was boards in general, I just made a suggestion as to how to solve the problems,, and allow everybody the opportunity to use whatever setup they felt worked best for them, whether it's a pile of carpet, spacers, or a pile of bags,, or an easily moved board.
Denny

DMAXX
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: YOST
State: pa

Post by DMAXX » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Papa john, I apologize . I should not have stated you were referring to Daves rail.
The people that cast their votes decide nothing. The people that count the votes decide everything...Joseph Stalin

pa pa john

Post by pa pa john » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 pm

DMAXX wrote:Papa john, I apologize . I should not have stated you were referring to Daves rail.
DMAXX, You owe no apologize BUDDY :D :D :D DMAXX, You didn't know that on the BIG SHOOTS Snake Road and Jessups Indoor has not allowed Bench Boards for three years or better and Dave Tubbs has not cause a problem at Taylorsville, because he has only been there one time as I know of and he had the Wild Thing with him on a Friday Night and I shot it some :!: Taylorsville had a problem with their Bench Top and they have fixed the bench top and made their rule because of a problem they had and not because of Dave :!: I am very > very :D :D :D with the new Bench Top :D pa pa john

Bill
Weapon of Choice: SOSBC, Steel Rail

Post by Bill » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:27 am

Denny wrote:Image
NICE BI-POD THERE!
Team member, Saw'd On Shotguns

jeff lee
SILVER MEMBER
SILVER MEMBER
Weapon of Choice: railgun
State: IN

Post by jeff lee » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:30 am

If your going to have RULES plz ENFORCE them or have NO RULES!!!!!!! there a BIG SIGN on the wall right above you head at the rail that says NO CLEANING YOUR GUN ON THE RAIL i see ppl do it all the time an has NEVER seen anyone get warned about it... just saying rules are rules enforce all rules if your going to have rules.....

AN yes ill be there at steves quifler whatever kind of rules steves has...... :wink: :wink:

GunSlinGer__
Weapon of Choice: ReMingTon

Post by GunSlinGer__ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:41 am

Like Barney Fife said

1st. Rule : Obey All Rules !!

Jeff's post made me think of that. Barney would crack you up.
Just adding a little humor.
Good luck to all the ladies and gents on your qualifiers.
Have fun, Be safe !!
SAFE SHOOTING!! GunSlinGer__

hrod

Post by hrod » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:15 am

Open class shoots is for the inventors . It doesn't bother me one bit if a shooter has something new that gives him an advantage as long as he is not invading my space or holding up the match I think a lot of thought and innovation went into that slider board. I love going to outlaw shoots and shooting SHOWTIME but let me tell ya take a stock appearing pump gun and have a good day and then you really feel good. Beating the inventors with a sweet shooting Punisher. And Denny named that gun after he shot it it really does punish in more ways than one.
Its SHOWTIME!