silver lake fishing club

OFFICIAL information from those who run the shoots. Member shooting houses and promoters - advertise your events here!

Moderator: Bouncers

Forum rules
MEMBER Shooting Houses ONLY may post freely here about their events. Shooters may REPLY with questions or comments only about the posted events. If you are a member house and don't have access to post here (can't see a "new post" button) please let us know.
bjones
Sharp Shooter
Weapon of Choice: all
State: DE

silver lake fishing club

Post by bjones » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 pm

changing a few things starting in sept. going to limit the amount of shooters per round, add rounds possibly 18. raise cost $35 to $40. stock freezer for extra rounds when we have a large crowd. maybe going back to fed 8s. nothing set in stone. will update when set. free standing, no barrel or choke restriction, no scopes. 90ft. also working on getting tavern out of our name. it has caused us some grief in the past few years. silver lake tavern fishing club was incorporated 37 years ago at a bar in dover de. which no longer exists. we are at our third different location. a farmhouse in the middle of a cornfield. we dont mind alcohol but will not tolerate anybody thats had a little too much. not a bar. just had to say some of this because my buddy don (whose phone number is on our listing) gets some strange calls often. thanks!

SHOOTER65
Rookie
State: MD

Re: silver lake fishing club

Post by SHOOTER65 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 pm

I thought you guys had a good shoot the way it was thats why i rode up there, doubling the price?

bjones
Sharp Shooter

Post by bjones » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:26 pm

SHOOTER65 wrote:I thought you guys had a good shoot the way it was thats why i rode up there, doubling the price?
its ok when you have a built gun and can win a round or two. when october comes around we have 30 plus people shooting at 10 prizes. men,women,kids mostly shooting stock guns. lot of talk yet to do. we love your company and your opinion. hope to cya soon.

muddy
Turkeyshoot.net Bouncer
Turkeyshoot.net Bouncer
Weapon of Choice: gunworks

Post by muddy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:38 pm

ever decide on what shell for the year? i need to practice before i go to play with you guys

hrod
Obsessive-Compulsive Poster
Weapon of Choice: Sig Sauer P238
State: Va.

Post by hrod » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:41 pm

It don't matter what she'll they shoot or how far from 50 to 90'. If you take your Ithica a .640 ish choke and a .675 for the close stuff and you will be huntin.

bjones
Sharp Shooter

Post by bjones » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:14 pm

gonna go back to fed 8s. my ithaca seems to like them. thats what we used to shoot wally world specials. seems estate 8s didn't help my competition. just kidding lol . still working on short shoot.